Sunday, June 24, 2007

Gourmand - My French Nickname

When I went to France after high school my host family called me a "gourmand". At the time I was a little offended, I thought they were calling me fat. It turns out that gourmand is a word that the French use for "lover of food". They were just pointing out the very obvious truth which is that I am a food lover. In order to further my food loving ways and to have some company in my food fests I give you a food meme. I was tagged by Clare's Dad to do this meme. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country you live in.
3. List top five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag five other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.

I am in Georgia, USA. Here are my Top 5 Picks =)

1. El Kiosco, Mexican Restaurant. I am a huge, HUGE, fan of Mexican food, in almost any form. I could eat Mexican food everyday for the rest of my life. So of course I have to have a local Mexican restaurant that I can call "home". This place is very close to our house and the service is always great. The food isn't the best I have ever had but because of proximity I end up eating here way more often than any other Mexican restaurant.

2. Roma's Pizza. This is the best pizza I have had this side of the Mason Dixon line. Ben and I both LOVE their pizza. It is New York style big thin slices of pizza and we eat way more of this stuff than we should. I guarantee we will both gain about 10 lbs in the next few months because we will be going to this place for all our dates. =)

3. Waffle House. This is a chain restaurant but it is mostly in Georgia and it is truly a staple in this state. I love hash browns and eggs and bacon. This place has no atmosphere and OK service but man they sure do know how to make some KILLER hash browns! The overly air conditioned, dingy, faded yellow decor is worth braving for those hot, crispy, cheesy, oniony potato strings. YUM!

4. French Market Grille. This is one of the nicest restaurants in town and for good reason. They have a very diverse and tasty menu. Their duck is to die for. And their chocolate mousse is by far the best I have ever had. They have a fabulous wine list and excellent atmosphere and service. This is where we take out of towners to prove that we aren't totally backwards here in the South.

5. Brusters Ice Cream. This is a Georgia original and oh my God! Thier ice cream is laced with crack, I swear! They make all thier own cones and ice cream and it is all delicious. My favorite items include thier hot fudge sundae and thier almond joy ice cream (chocolate ice cream with almonds and coconut). I have never been disappointed with any flavor I have tried, and they feature new flavors every month. We all scream for ice cream from Brusters! =)

So now that I have proven my gourmand status as well as my nerd status it is your turn! I am tagging Heather, Rich, One Hot Mama, Cara, and Dawn. Enjoy =)

No comments:

Contributors