Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Triathlete? Me?

We'll see in October. I just agreed to train for and attempt to do a triathlon with my Dad (aka Gramper aka Steve97a) and BigBro (aka Paul) and his wife DocRom (aka Karen). I am really excited! It is a sprint triathlon. Here are the details:

Swim 400 yards approx
Bike 13 miles approx
Run 3 miles approx

Yeah, it looks intimidating now but compared to a full triathlon it is way easier. I am not worried about the swimming. I used to swim competitively and I love swimming, so it shouldn't be too bad. The biking shouldn't be so bad, I am a bit rusty but you know what they say about learning to ride a bike. The running scares me. I know it's only 3 miles, but I hate running and I am really not good at it. I have run a 5K (3 miles) before, with minimal pain/struggle. But I had been training for 2 months before I did it. I guess I will be training a lot longer than that for this event so I shouldn't be too worried.

So anyone out there have advice on good running shoes and training methods?? Anyone??

No comments:

Contributors