Friday, June 01, 2007

Face Plant

Evelyn did her first face plant today. I'm sure it's not the last. She fell face first onto my parents hardwood floor. She's got a nice bruise/bump going on her forehead. I guess we can officially call her a toddler now, even though she is only 10 months old. She most definitely is toddling around. She has the strength and motivation to walk solo, all she is lacking is the coordination. For now she "surfs" on the furniture around the house, walks in her walker, or uses me and her grandparents as human walkers.

I am really glad she can't stand up and walk on her own yet. It's nice for me because I can still sit her down and walk away to take a shower or pee and know that she is (relatively) safe. Once the walking starts I'll have to put her in the play pen or her crib so I can do those things. I don't think she is going to like that.

So anybody have better ideas for keeping a toddler safe while showering and using the bathroom?

No comments:

Contributors