Tuesday, May 08, 2007

WWJD May 8, 2007

Okay Dear Readers, no one asked for advice via WWJD Tuesday but, but, I sense a need for comforting words for a lot of my friends. So...I am going to give some (semi) unsolicited advice. Here goes.

There are a lot (A LOT) of things in this world that I don't understand. Illness, poverty (in a country that wastes more than any other, ever!), abuse (substance, emotional, physical, etc), just to name a few. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to avoid all of these things in my life so far. I am not even sure that I have learned anything from these bad/sad yet unavoidable things. If I press myself to remember the times I have dealt with these things.... I still don't know what I took away from my experiences except a sense of experience. For better or for worse I now know what it is like to watch someone get diagnosed with cancer and then to die from it in 6 months, despite (or because of?) surgery and chemo. I know what it looks like to watch someone throw their life down the hole because of substance abuse, physical abuse, and emotional abuse. I know what it looks like for people to be up to their eyeballs in debt and have no way out. What does all this experience give me? It gives me a goal. A goal to strive toward. A goal to reach for even when it feels impossible. My goal that I reach for when I feel down is simple. Keep going, keep reaching, keep believing that at some point, in some way, things will get better, somehow. That's it. Cheesy, optimistic, sugary, whatever. And what fuels my goal?

Her
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And him
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And them
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They are all worth it, they are all worth sticking around to see what will happen next. To hear the laughter, to see the smiles, to feel the hugs. So to my friends that I know are suffering right now, I hope that you find your goal and your fuel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, her, him, and them. So, thanks for sticking around.

Contributors