Friday, May 04, 2007

Call Me the BlogBurgler

So because of the sleep deprivation and my inability to think straight as a result of it, I am just going to rip off other bloggers great ideas for a while, kay?

Thank you again to Cara for this gem of a post idea.

This morning Mr. E (on the phone) asked me what the whole Humanism thing was about (#2 from yesterday's post) and where it came from (as in how did it enter into my life). Well Dear Readers it actually first came up when I read this excellent post. At the time I thought, "Self, this sounds pretty good, pretty right on." But I was a bit shy, I didn't want to jump into it. I think I was intimidated by its philosophical grandeur and it's impressive celebrity members. So I kinda forgot about it.

Until I read this post. I took this quiz and up popped Humanism again. This time I decided to jump in and swim around. Here's my top three results:

1. Unitarian Universalism
2. Secular Humanism
3. Neo-Pagan

So head over and take the quiz. Leave your top three in the comments. To make this extra fun I will award a prize to the first five commenters! And a prize goes to the first person to correctly guess what the prizes will be. =)

7 comments:

Cara said...

That post about Vonnegut is so true and touching. I think Jesus was a great spiritual leader, but the idea he was the messiah, or was lifted bodily into heaven is, for me, laughably naive.

You already know, but my top 3 were:
1 Unitarian Universalist
2 Neo-Pagan
3 Liberal Quaker

Anonymous said...

Here are my top four:
1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (96%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
4. Sikhism (90%)

Secular Humanism rated number 17 for me. Only 58%. Roman Catholic came in dead last at number 27.

This was quite an interesting quiz. I know as I walk my chosen path, the results will change. I don't know what will change, but stuff always changes.

ambpmd said...

I love your prizes, I thought I would give my top six (there was a tie for five).

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (90%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (90%)
5. Eastern Orthodox (83%)
6. Roman Catholic (83%)

I thought it was interesting. Thanks for suggesting the quiz. This gives evidence that I am a bad Catholic. Haha.

Jen aka Evilynmo said...

You guys ROCK!! You will be recieving your kick ass prizes soon =)

Okay 2 more slots open for winners! And a prize to the first person to say what the prizes will be. Hint: it's the same prize as the last contest =)

ambpmd said...

Shrinky dink, wahoooo! If mine has a hole in it I will add it to my key chain. I love protable art. :)

Jen aka Evilynmo said...

Alright!! =)

Ambpmd gets 2 prizes =)

...with holes in them =)

Anonymous said...

Not sure what this means, but I liked the quiz.

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (99%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (97%)

Give my love to GiGi,
MiMi

Contributors