Week 1: Prehistoric Art
Week 2: Greek and Roman Art
Week 3: Medieval Art
Week 4: Renaissance Art I
Week 5: Final Paper Assigned and Renaissance Art II
Week 6: Baroque Art
Week 7: Final Paper Topics Due and Impressionism I
Week 8: Impressionism II
Week 9: Final Paper Bibliography Due and Modern Art I
Week 10: Modern Art II
Week 11: Final Paper Questions/Concerns and Contemporary Art
Week 12: Class Review and Final Papers Due
There will be a little quiz at each class to review art we have already looked at. The bulk of the grade will be based on the final paper that is due at the last class. Here's a break down of how grades will work. Each student's grade is out of 100 pts.
10 quizzes=5 pts each
Final Paper=50pts
90-100 pts = A
81-89 pts = B
71-80 pts = C
61-70 pts = D
Anything below 60 pts = F
How does the syllabus look to you?

Ohh OHH! I just bought 4 used copies of Gardner's Art Through the Ages for $16 including shipping! It's an old edition (8th) but still, they'll be perfect for my students! Yay Amazon!
p.s. Am I nerdy or what!!?? =)
3 comments:
I almost fainted, but then I looked again and saw its a high school class. Looks fine, where are the field trips to museums/ galleries? Cuz you know you have to torture the poor docents at the local museum. And will there be any hands on projects? Egg tempera, perspective, drawing from differnt pov's? Good luck.
I know from experience that you do a great job teaching and how much "fun" home schoolers can be. Sorry to offend other readers. Can I take your course?
Hell yeah! Come on down and learn about some kick ass art! =)
Post a Comment