Yesterday I went to our local children's hospital to help teach an art activity. It was amazing. I didn't know what to expect with this experience. I knew that they would all be very sick kids but I didn't know what that would look like, ya know. I have never been to a children's hospital, I don't even like going to the regular hospital. So when the nurses brought out the three kids to do the art activity I was really impressed. These kids were hooked up to IVs and had wires coming out of them and they were hooked up to monitors...but they were sitting down with us to make some art. I don't know about you all but when I'm really sick I get really depressed, I don't want to see anyone or do anything. These kids, these amazing, courageous kids sat down with us and smiled, and played, and made necklaces for their Moms. I am crying just thinking about it. They all focused on their families. One little boy made a bead for each of his sisters and one for himself and his Mom. We didn't tell the kids to make these for their moms, they just all did anyway, because that's who they trust, that's who takes care of them. It just killed me! I couldn't cry in front of them but now I can, in front of my computer, holding my sleeping baby.
There are so many sad things that happen in this world. So many scary, violent, bad things. Being with those kids yesterday, seeing their courage and love, and hope and determination...it was awe inspiring.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
My Favorites
- The Colonel's Journal - Gramper's Blog
- Ichigo Tamago - DocRom's Blog
- Okinawa City, Okinawa (沖縄市) - BigBro's Blog
- Christianfanger
- Pro Simians
- My Best Investments
- Petroville
- Amalah
- Girl's Gone Child
- It's Twinsanity
- Mama Mid(wife) Madness
- Meconium Happens
- MetroDad: Another Funny Dad Blog
- Motherhood Uncensored
- The New Girl
- Poop and Boogies: A Funny Dad Blog
- Championable: A Heart Felt Daddy Blog
- How About Two: Daddy Blog
- Miss Britt
- Cara in Exile
- Belle of the Blog
- kickyboots
- Mama Pop
- Jezebel
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(221)
-
▼
April
(23)
- Love is in the air, or the water...
- GiGi is here!
- There's a First Time For Everything...
- This is the Dress
- Ms. Independent
- Holy Goat!!!
- I Did It
- Therapy
- Pixie?
- Awe Inspiring
- Intro to Art History
- The Tooth Monster Strikes Again!
- What do you think?
- Strangers in the South
- Going Back to School
- Speaking of Silly
- Classic
- This is what I sound like
- This One is for BigBro
- Moving is Over!
- Evie's Nana
- Gramper aka Grand Daddy of Letters
- As Promised
-
▼
April
(23)
1 comment:
Amen, sister.
Post a Comment