Sunday, April 29, 2007

GiGi is here!

Dear Readers it has been a crazy few days! Evelyn is still sick, her fever is gone but she still has the runs and now she has a wicked sore bottom. All this equals bad for her and me, but we will make it through. Any tips on good diaper rash cream/solutions would be great. I tried J&J diaper rash cream and it made her hurt 10x more, so for now we are sticking to plain old Vaseline.

In other awesome news, my Grandma is here =) YAY! She moved down here Friday from Indiana and I am thrilled! I love her so much and she is the only grandparent I have ever had a relationship with, and we didn't really get to know each other til I was 19 yrs old. Evie's GiGi is a fun, crazy lady. The only weird thing about her being here is her newest addition to her life, her boyfriend! Yikes! I have no clue how to handle the news and presence of my Grandma's boyfriend. He is a family friend and a very nice guy but it's weird, I've never known my Grandma with a man in her life. It seems to make her happy so I am happy for them. But I can't help but have many questions that pop in my mind that I really don't want the answers to...eeww!

So that's the news here Dear Readers. And how are you?

=)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Cara said...

Vaseline is fine, another option is Aquaphor, its a water-based "healing ointment"(as opposed to vaseline, which is petroleum based). As far as I can tell, its skin grease. I use it on myself for burns and healing piercings, and on A for her diaper rash (not that she gets that anymore). Since it has no medicine (antibiotics) I don't get an allergic reaction.

Anonymous said...

Poor Evie, I had great success with Desitin ointment when my girls had sore bottoms...you may want to try it.

Tell GiGi we send love.

Love you!
MiMi

ambpmd said...

I can't believe your grandma moved too. This stinks, I will never get you to move back up here. Rats. Oh well, looking forward to the end of May!

Contributors