I have been writing this blog for about a year and a half. Pretty much since Evie was born. For the first 6 months I wrote publicly and the last year or so I have taken my blog to the private sector. The whole time I have been writing I have wanted to be truthful and entertaining. And I also have wanted to document my life with Evie, because I know the time is fleeting and it is easy to forget the small stuff. I am saying all this because I got a very big compliment from a fellow blogger, Dawn from Belle of the Blog. Dawn is a fellow Georgian. Her and I met through a fellow blogger and our first interaction was kind of a misunderstanding about Southern hospitality and charm. It's funny to remember that now. Anyway, Dawn wrote these incredibly kind words about me and my blog. And reading her words has touched me in a very profound way. I have been feeling really bad about myself and my situation lately. Seeing my life through her eyes has made me realize that I am in fact very lucky and I have a lot to be happy about. Thank you Dawn! I truly can't express how wonderful your words have made me feel. I hope we meet in real life someday soon. Here are her words.
"Letters About Eve chronicles the life of Jen, her husband Ben, and their beautiful daughter Evelyn. It's a private blog, so you probably can't access it, but I still want to acknowledge how much I love reading about Jen, Evie, and their adventures. Jen's husband Ben is in the Army and just came home after being deployed. They live on a farm with Jen's parents and reading about her wonderful family – Grammy and Grampers, Big Bro and Doc Rom, Uncle Stan – as well as the goats and other farm animals, Jen's work with an autistic kid, and soon her experiences in graduate school give me a peek into a life I will never experience. Her writing is so crystal clear and succinct. It reflects her joy of life without being cloying or sentimental. In essence, I think her clear, descriptive writing and the things Jen chooses to write about are illustrative of the true essence of the world family. Letters About Eve has become a blog I look forward to the way I look forward to a sunny day after a week of rain."
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
My Favorites
- The Colonel's Journal - Gramper's Blog
- Ichigo Tamago - DocRom's Blog
- Okinawa City, Okinawa (沖縄市) - BigBro's Blog
- Christianfanger
- Pro Simians
- My Best Investments
- Petroville
- Amalah
- Girl's Gone Child
- It's Twinsanity
- Mama Mid(wife) Madness
- Meconium Happens
- MetroDad: Another Funny Dad Blog
- Motherhood Uncensored
- The New Girl
- Poop and Boogies: A Funny Dad Blog
- Championable: A Heart Felt Daddy Blog
- How About Two: Daddy Blog
- Miss Britt
- Cara in Exile
- Belle of the Blog
- kickyboots
- Mama Pop
- Jezebel
2 comments:
That is so amazing Jen! and true. I love you so much and can't wait to talk again.
yes, that's it. I check in as aften as I can, just for that sunshine. Good luck in the new house.
Post a Comment