Thursday, January 10, 2008

Umm yeah and I started school too...

Yeah, amidst all this insanity I started Grad school this week too. I am taking three classes. And I LOVE school!!!!!!!!

I feel so good being back in an academic environment! My sense of self worth is significantly heightened by being in school. I love that I am being judged on my intelligence.

I love being a wife and mother but being judged solely on those roles is very limiting. Being back in school and being seen as a grad student (not just as a mother and wife) is a great boost to me ego right now.

And the main thing I love about school is that it makes sense to me. I know what my goal is and I know exactly how to reach my goal. The system doesn't change. It is always clear. And I always get rewarded for my hard work. That doesn't happen in any other part of my life.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay, Jen! That's wonderful for you! I know exactly what you mean and I am thrilled for you.

I fantasize about law school all the time.

I think my brain is too old and tired to deal with it now, though.

I really am eager to hear how it all goes.

Cara said...

after motherhood, grad school is easy. I thought it was hard when I did it, but I was 23 and childless!

good luck, the new house is lovely. Do you want your maternity clothes back now? I won't be using them again!

Rich | Championable said...

Hey, congrats!

I sometimes wish I could go back to school. At 38, I think I'd actually get something out of it... vs. show up only for exams, like I did back in the early 90s.

I don't think I could handle being the "old guy" in the class, tho'.

Contributors