Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So Close to the Surface: A Sea Monster Adventure

If any of my Dear Readers know Mr. Evilynmo, then you know that he has a fear of sea monsters. Yes, sea monsters. A definition of a sea monster in this scenario is, anything in the sea. So in order to face his fear and overcome his personal monsters (hehe) Mr. E will be taking Scuba lessons. I am proud of his courage! Also I am thrilled that some time soon he may be willing to go to the beach with Evie and me! I have not been to the beach in years because of Mr. E's sea monster aversion. This scubba lesson could open a whole new chapter in the Mrs. and Mr. Evilynmo history =)

Sea monsters aren't the only things close to the surface these days. As I told you before my emotions have been very close to the surface since Mr. E left. Well today was kind of emotional. I had to do a prenatal visit with my postpartum client and so I left Evie with Grammy so I could give my full attention to my client and her family. Well Mr. E's Jeep is sitting in the driveway while he is gone and it needs to be driven or else it will get car rot. So today, for the first time since Mr. E left I drove his car. Today wasn't the first time his car has been driven while he has been gone but it was the first day for me. Well as you can imagine it was hard for me. I can't relate to you how much the Jeep embodies my Mr. E. He loves his Jeep, not in a lame "I love my car more than anything else" way. That Jeep is him in way. On the outside it is a rugged, tough, rough, "drive over anything" kind of vehicle. But, on the inside, it is squishy at spots, comfy, fun, it's got a kickin sound system, and it is responsive. Driving his Jeep was like spending the afternoon with him. I miss him so much! I cried while I drove his car because although his car is like him, it is not him. I really wish he had been driving and I could've looked over at him and seen his gorgeous smile and his handsome eyes.

So, like sea monsters, my emotions are close to the surface these days. And, like Mr. E, I have to learn to face my emotions that are so close to the surface so that I can enjoy the myriad of other experiences in the sea of life.

No comments:

Contributors