Okay dear readers,
After reading my IRL friend's mommy blog I am inspired to post on my blog everyday, even if it is the most mundane subjects. Why? I am glad you asked. What seems mundane to me now will be priceless later, to myself and Mr. Evilynmo and Evelyn I hope. So here goes!
Well to bring you up to speed, Mr. Evilynmo is in Africa, he has been there for a while and will be there a while longer. We miss him so much, I cry every other day it seems like and not necessarily about him directly. My emotions are just very close to the surface all the time because I miss him so much! So I cry when I watch Project Runway on DVD (thank you Netflix!), and when I watch Friends, etc. It is really silly and it makes me laugh even while I cry. Evelyn misses her Daddy too. Whenever we watch video that Mr. Evilynmo recorded before he left she looks around and at me trying to figure out where her Daddy is. She also laughs and smiles and talks and reaches for the computer screen when we watch Daddy videos. It is heartbreaking and sweet all at the same time, and yes I cry at that.
In work news I am doing really well, I have started my postpartum doula business and my first client is due in March. This will be her 7th baby and I am really thrilled to be apart of her life and her family's life during this time. I know it is going to be hard work but I am thrilled to be a witness of this new person's life and integration into his/her family. Hopefully I will be speaking to the local mothers of multiples group soon and that should get me some more business. Also I am doing freelance work for the local art museum. They need someone to develop and teach art activities on weekends and during school tours and I am that person. I am so thrilled to be back in a museum setting and to be working with kids again. As some of you know I worked as a substitute teacher for a few months in preparation to become a teacher. Well after that very unpleasent experience I decided that teaching in a school setting was not for me. I like teaching in a fun creative setting.
In family news life is very very exciting right now! My parents moved down here about 8 months ago to be close to Evie. Thier original plan was to live her for 2 yrs and then buy a farm in North Carolina and retire there. Well they found a farm here about 2 miles from our neighborhood and they are going to buy the farm (haha)! It is an incredible farm and once I figure out how to post pics I will. It has a inground swimming pool with diving board, a pond, a pasture, a guest cottage, and more, it is incredible! So the plan is for Ben to stay in this area as long as possible with his job and then he will change jobs if they insist he move. Hopefully it will all work out. I am just thrilled to know that Evelyn will have her grandparents close to her for the rest of her life. That is something I never had and I always wanted, now she can have that. I know she will reject it all at some point but I think she will really benefit in the long run. So with my parents staying here it looks like my Grandma will be making the move down from Indy too. So then Evie gets Grammy and Gramper AND Gigi! What a lucky lady! The plan is for Mr. Evilynmo and I to buy some of my parent's land and build our house on it. I am so thrilled! Oh, and my bro is marrying the coolest lady in May! Congrats! =)
In Evelyn news, she is 7 months old and just a ball of smiles and joy! She wakes up smiling and pretty much stays that way all the time. She isn't crawling yet but she does vocalize a lot! She is quite large for her age too, 21 lbs and I'm not sure how long. She is so wonderful to have,she really makes the Ben being gone thing so much easier!
That's it for today.
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
My Favorites
- The Colonel's Journal - Gramper's Blog
- Ichigo Tamago - DocRom's Blog
- Okinawa City, Okinawa (沖縄市) - BigBro's Blog
- Christianfanger
- Pro Simians
- My Best Investments
- Petroville
- Amalah
- Girl's Gone Child
- It's Twinsanity
- Mama Mid(wife) Madness
- Meconium Happens
- MetroDad: Another Funny Dad Blog
- Motherhood Uncensored
- The New Girl
- Poop and Boogies: A Funny Dad Blog
- Championable: A Heart Felt Daddy Blog
- How About Two: Daddy Blog
- Miss Britt
- Cara in Exile
- Belle of the Blog
- kickyboots
- Mama Pop
- Jezebel
No comments:
Post a Comment