Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I survived...so far!

















I survived the first week of school and I am almost done with the second week! Whoo hoo! The first week was super super hard. My body was starting to give out on me with the stress and the sleep deprivation and the new germs from my kids. But this week is going WAY better. WAYYYY better! I feel good, I know my kids better everyday and we are all learning our way more and more. I have 27 second graders right now but September 2nd I will give up 5 of my kids to the new teacher. I am sad about losing those 5 kids, I am really getting attached to them and to all my students. It is so funny how quickly we are getting attached to each other. Even my tough kids that give me problems all the time hug me and draw pictures for me. I really can honestly say that this is exactly what I want to be doing. I love it! I love my kids even if they make me crazy with their incessant talking. They are good kids, they have good hearts and I so appreciate being able to share this experience with them.





Evie is doing GREAT! She is saying more words all the time. Some new ones that I hadn't heard include funny and don't. I love it! She is getting prettier every day and I am amazed at how well she is handling me being at work all day. She is doing fantastic with our new schedule! =)

1 comment:

Karen Rommelfanger said...

hooray! man, if i were a 2nd grader, i'd demand to be in your class. it looks so fun! congratulations!!!!! you and evie look great!

Contributors