It is my best friend Jen's birthday today! Holla!! She is 26 today and I am so happy for her!
And on the job front I have more news. The christian school that I have been shadowing Aidan at is awesome. Even though they are super christian the principal and the kindergarten teacher (Aidan's teacher) are super nice and good people. Because I like the school so much we decided to send Evie there next year for pre-k for 2 yr olds. Here's the job news. The 5th grade teacher just quit and they are looking for someone to teach 5th grade in the Fall. So I talked to principle today and she seemed very excited. I am excited. The pay is low, there aren't health or retirement benefits. BUT(!)the hours are great (815A to 215P)and I would be at Evie's school with her all day everyday. Plus I would get teaching experience but in a more laid back environment with a max of 10 students instead of 30. I am feeling really drawn to this opportunity. I love the idea of dropping off and picking up Evelyn everyday and being in the school with her in case something happens or whatever. I am thinking this would be a really good job for me while I am still in school. So maybe only stay for 2 yrs until Evie goes to Pre-k and I graduate. Then I could get a job at the public school that Evie would be going to and again I could be at her school with her through 5th grade. I am all about being close to her as long as I can.
The other factor in this decision is the possibility that Ben could get deployed in the next year. If he gets deployed I know I will be very stressed and sad. Being at a school with a very supportive principal and coworkers would be so helpful for me. Plus I think it would be good for Evie if I were right at the school with her, to help her deal with Ben being gone.
And to tell the truth, I love the idea of having an easy job that allows me to take my daughter to work with me everyday. I mean that is like a dream job to me. And as long as Ben is in the Army I don't need health/retirement benefits so badly.
So what do you all think? As it stands I don't have a job offer from anyone. I interview with the public school system April 15th and Sandy (the private school principal) told me she won't have a decision til May. I am not going to turn down anyone til I have heard from everyone. I am not that crazy! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
My Favorites
- The Colonel's Journal - Gramper's Blog
- Ichigo Tamago - DocRom's Blog
- Okinawa City, Okinawa (沖縄市) - BigBro's Blog
- Christianfanger
- Pro Simians
- My Best Investments
- Petroville
- Amalah
- Girl's Gone Child
- It's Twinsanity
- Mama Mid(wife) Madness
- Meconium Happens
- MetroDad: Another Funny Dad Blog
- Motherhood Uncensored
- The New Girl
- Poop and Boogies: A Funny Dad Blog
- Championable: A Heart Felt Daddy Blog
- How About Two: Daddy Blog
- Miss Britt
- Cara in Exile
- Belle of the Blog
- kickyboots
- Mama Pop
- Jezebel
3 comments:
I LOVE CCCA. Christopher will be in the 2 yr old class next year too!
honestly everyone at the school is fabulous. The teachers are soo sweet and Evie will LOVE Mrs. Hill. she rocks.
I think its a great opportunity. you should jump on it!
Say yes. If you later decide to go elsewhere, you haven't lost anything. Being at the same school as your child can be good and bad, try to keep some boundary, but I think being close and having reasonable hours is excellent. And a supportive work environment makes more difference to me than salary.
Do you get a tuition discount or free tuition if you teach at Evie's school? I only ask because my mother-in-law took a job at a private school way back when so she could get discounted tuition for her sons.
Post a Comment