Sunday, March 02, 2008

Job Fair

I went to a job fair for the a local Board of Education this weekend. I talked to 24 different schools about my qualifications and my hopes for teaching in the Fall. I got 3 principals that offered me interviews and probably 3 more that want me to call them about an interview. So I am super excited and anxious about what my actual job prospects will be for the Fall. I was very nervous the day before the fair and I felt very insecure about my ability to impress anybody. But the night before I got my self physched up and I felt great the morning of the fair and I think I did a great job at selling myself. I did pull out some tricks to dazzle the schools. I put a picture of myself on my resume. I know, most of you are thinking that is resume suicide but many schools commented on how smart that was and how impressed they were with that idea. I figured that these people were going to see upwards of 100 applicants and it would be very hard to remember which was which. By putting my picture on my resume (hopefully) they will remember me right away. So we'll see! Interviews won't be scheduled for another 3-6 weeks. In the meantime I am sending thank you notes to the schools that I particularly liked and that seemed to like me. Oh yeah, I got some tricks up my sleeve ;)


Here's the pic I put on my resume, though it was cropped down more than this.


p.s. I have some adorable photos of Evie helping Ben cook jambalaya this weekend. I promise I will post them in the next few days.

2 comments:

Karen Rommelfanger said...

Wow 24 interviews on one day! I had a hard enough time with just 2 interviews. I have to say I feel sorry for the other people at the job fair having to compete with someone as smart, beautiful, and talented as yourself. But I think if we just examine the situation in an objective, unbiased manner it is clear that you are plainly the super duper bestest.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, have you gotten any "bites"? You should have no problem getting something, good luck! Love you- KBR

Contributors