Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Interview and more!

I landed myself an interview with the Board of Education that hosted the job fair I attended. Yay!! This is the first step in a 2 step process. Once I interview with the board and they (hopefully) approve me then the principals at the schools can interview me and (hopefully) offer me jobs. The interview is Mar. 26th at 1030AM. I am so happy!! =) Thank you all for your very sweet and encouraging comments, they mean so much to me right now!!

In other news Evie has an appointment next Tuesday with her pediatrician to start the evaluation process for a possible speech delay. She only has 3 words that she says consistently right now. They are: No, Momma, and Bye Bye. She is getting more sounds everyday but not really talking as much as I think she should. Her signing is going really really well! She signs 15 words or more all the time. And she is developing normally or above average in every other way. So I just want to get her checked out to make sure there isn't something we are missing or something we can be doing to help her along. My fear is that she won't be able to talk when she starts 2 yr old preschool in the Fall. I don't want her to be signing and not getting any help when she needs it because no one knows what she's saying. I think I am just being an overly protective Mom but I don't care. It won't hurt her at all to be evaluated.

Also, I came through my midterms with flying colors. I got a 98 and a 99 on the tests I took. Yay! And I just got loan money to cover what I paid for school this semester and to cover me for my summer classes. So that is nice.

Couples therapy is seriously hard work and painful on top of that. But it is really good for us. We are both learning a lot and making great progress on many aspects of our relationship.

Ohh and I joined the local gym for free because I am a military wife. It is soo nice! I love getting back into shape and Evie loves going to the gym daycare while I work out. It's a win win for both of us =) And I am starting belly dancing classes on Thursday. I am really excited about that!

5 comments:

Jenerous said...

Jen you are the coolest! Congrats on all your hard work and all your wonderful accomplishments so far!
I love you

Unknown said...

Hooray!

Cara said...

Good on all fronts! On Evie's talking, Arabella was a late talker, and now at 4 we can't get her to stop! Good to check, but I'm sure everything is fine. My only frustration with A's speech now is her pronunciation (she is terrible at plosive sounds) and inappropriate use of pronouns (using her for she and him for he).

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Congrats!

Dawn said...

Hey! It sounds like you are rockin' and rollin', Miss Girl! That is so wonderful!

I know it's hard not to worry, but Brendan still wasn't talking a lot at 2. He had a lot of sounds where we knew what they meant, but no one else did. I had a friend who is a speech pathologist listen to him and she told me not to worry, but I did. However, he just blossomed a month or two after turning 2 and hasn't stopped talking since.

We have a few of the same problems as Cara mentioned in her post, but we're working on them.

Good for you for taking the initiative to have Evie evaluated. It's not going to hurt anything and hopefully will give you peace of mind!

Contributors