Friday, December 14, 2007

Even more...

So the Dad called me three times today. He left three messages. All saying the same thing, we like you, we don't want you to go. So I finally called him back. And he gave me even more excuses. He works 60 hours a week. He never is in town. He is always busy. He also said he didn't know I was so unhappy. And he explained a lot of the very dysfunctional behavior I have been observing. We talked for almost an hour. Apparently he is the only one in the family that is good at communicating. And he made that clear to me. He said a lot of nice things about me and Aidan's progress. And he offered me more money. And he said even just one day a week would help them so much.

And I told him I would think about it. The truth in all this is that I like my job, I like Aidan, I love his teacher, and I love the school. I just hated not knowing what was going on and not being acknowledged. So I am going to think about it. I am taking a special ed class this coming semester and I need 30 hours in a classroom with a special needs student. If working with Aidan fulfills that requirement then I will definitely go to school with him one day a week. If not, then I probably won't go to school with him at all.

2 comments:

Cara said...

What a frustrating mess. Maybe you can set up a once a week phone conference with the Dad to discuss issues, if he is better at communicating than the mother?

It sounds like they both are working to avoid dealing with Aidan, which is sad since they are the ones he needs the most. And if he were a genius, would they still be doing the same thing? Sadly, I think they would spend just as little time with him, and be just as frustrated. Some people really aren't cut out for parenting.

Jenerous said...

wow that sounds awful, I'm glad you were able to communicate a little bit with the dad...just make sure to take care of yourself first. I love you!

Contributors