Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE!!!

I am leaving in the next few minutes to line up at my polling place. I received an email yesterday from my superintendent saying that I can not be late or leave early from my work today to vote. The surrounding counties have the day off today and our students have a half day today. But even with all that info, we the education employees of the county I work in, are not allowed to be late or leave early to vote today. Even though this is a historical election. Even though we should be modeling to our students (the future of this country) good citizenship behaviors, such as voting. Even though the news reports have been pouring in about long lines at voting places.

So I will be at my voting place about 40 minutes before it opens. I hope that is enough time for me to vote and drive 30 minutes to the other country that I work in.

Regardless of all that I am SUPER PUMPED!! about voting today!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE that we can vote freely and with true choice!!! =)

2 comments:

megan saltzman said...

that´s crazy, you know in lots of countries election day is a national holiday, everyone gets the day off...
hope to see you and evey in a couple weeks.
xoxoxo

Karen Rommelfanger said...

Good for you for voting! We voted too!

Contributors