Monday, October 20, 2008

Wow!

It's been a month since I posted, yikes! Thank you to my Mom, Angie, and Cara for your concerned messages =)

Evie and I are doing great, busy, but great. I finished a Grad class with an A, I hope. And this week the first report cards of the year go out for my students. I can not believe I am a teacher, I can not believe that I just entered grades for my kids report cards!

My car got backed into while it was parked and now the back passenger door is dented up. That happened last week. The lady that did it was very nice and she has great insurance so I am not worried about it.

My health insurance and benefits kicked in so I am going for an eye exam tomorrow and I set up my first appointment with my new doctor for Decemeber.

The divorce is no further along than it was a month ago. I wish it were but we are at a stand still right now. And not for any reason except that we are both too busy to deal with it.

Evie was sick last week and I stayed home with her Thursday. It was heavenly! Even though she was sick I thoroughly enjoyed spending an entire day with her! What a luxury! She is all better now btw.

I start two new 8 week classes this week. The first was tonight. It was great to see my old friends that I have been taking classes with since last January. The class seems like it will be relatively easy.

My students are ever impressing me and challenging me. They made me a photo collage of themselves and signed it and framed it for me last week when I was out. The substitute that helped them get it done suprised me with it today! OMG!! I can not even tell you what a wonderful suprise it was for me! I am acutally still in shock. I can't believe my students like me so much. I literally am amazed. I am leading such a busy life these days that I am not taking the time to really soak up the sweetness that I am getting. I have to be better about that.

We took our first field trip today to the County Fair. It was pretty cool. The kids and I got to see tigers and camels and pigs. That was all we got to do though. The rides were off and they didn't have much else for us to do. But any field trip is better than no field trip =)

There is probably tons that I am leaving out but I have homework to do, so that is all for now. I will try to be better about posting, I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Finally a new posting. Glad to hear about ya! Keep truckin' you smarty!!!

Karen Rommelfanger said...

Wow, I know someone that's getting a collage for Christmas.

xo.

Karen Rommelfanger said...

Wow, I know someone that's getting a collage for Christmas.

xo.

Contributors