Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer School

I started my first 2 summer classes this week. I am taking Classroom Management online and Math (Numbers and Operations) in an actual classroom Monday thru Thursday from 630PM-850PM. The online class is easy so far. The math class is intense! We have to journal about our experiences with math throughout our life and how we feel about teaching math. We have to take simple math concepts and break them down and explain how they work and alternate ways that our students might understand them. It is AWESOME! Anyone that knows me knows that I hate math, HATE! But this class is about understanding math from a child's point of view. And let's be honest here, I am very much a child when it comes to math. I don't understand even the most simple math concepts. So this class is really really good and necessary for me. I am going to have to really grow as a person in order to get a good grade in this class and that makes me happy. I like challenges like this. So that is the news here so far. =)

1 comment:

Cara said...

hi! I'm reading but you're not writing!

Contributors