Yup, I got 3 more A's in graduate school. My semester finished last week and final grades are out today. I am so happy to be doing so well in my graduate classes. It has been challenging to balance all the things in my life and doing well at school is definitely a nice reward for all the stress and hard work. In other exciting news I will be doing my Practicum or student teaching this Spring. Because I am already a full time teacher I can use that as my Practicum. I will just teach as I already do but now a person from the University will come observe me 3 or 4 times and I will have to prepare an extensive electronic portfolio. Once my Practicum is out of the way I only have 4 classes left til I graduate with my Masters. I plan on taking those 4 classes this summer. So YAYAYAYAY for me I will have my Masters and be done with school this Summer!!!!! HOOORAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!! The idea that I will be done with school before the new school year starts is THRILLING! I can not even tell you how much more I will be able to do at work when I don't have to run to class 3 nights a week! Plus I will have so much more time to relax with Evie which will be a VERY welcome change!
This week is the last week of work for me before we all break for 2 full weeks!! God, I love being a teacher!!!!! I plan to relax and spend time with friends and family and thoroughly take advantage of my break from grad school and work! Whoo HOO!! =)
In other news, I am happy to say that my final divorce hearing is January 8, 2009. If we have no issues between now and then I will be a divorced (free!) woman in January '09! YAY! I am very happy to be closing this chapter of my life and moving forward.
Evie is cute as ever and continues to delight and amaze me at every turn. She is getting very good with using the potty but only when we are not at home. I don't know if that is a normal thing for toddlers. She uses the potty a lot when we are out but then won't even ask or say she wants to go when I ask at home. Strange, but ultimately she will use the potty at home too.
In family news I am EAGERLY awaiting the return of BigBro and DocRom to the States!!! I super duper mega-ly hope they will come back to ATL but if they don't I will just be glad that they are not in a foreign country thousands of miles away!! I miss them SOOOOO much!!!! I can NOT wait to be with them and hug them and talk and laugh and connect!!!
Also, TwinBro is engaged!!! Congrats to him!!! He is with a very cool lady and I wish them the best!! =)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Another Triple A!!!
Labels:
All About Eve,
BigBro,
DocRom,
Friends,
graduate school,
Holidays,
Jen Thoughts,
life update,
Ms. Teacher,
the big D,
TwinBro,
Working
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contributors
My Favorites
- The Colonel's Journal - Gramper's Blog
- Ichigo Tamago - DocRom's Blog
- Okinawa City, Okinawa (沖縄市) - BigBro's Blog
- Christianfanger
- Pro Simians
- My Best Investments
- Petroville
- Amalah
- Girl's Gone Child
- It's Twinsanity
- Mama Mid(wife) Madness
- Meconium Happens
- MetroDad: Another Funny Dad Blog
- Motherhood Uncensored
- The New Girl
- Poop and Boogies: A Funny Dad Blog
- Championable: A Heart Felt Daddy Blog
- How About Two: Daddy Blog
- Miss Britt
- Cara in Exile
- Belle of the Blog
- kickyboots
- Mama Pop
- Jezebel
6 comments:
Congrats on the A's!
I'm wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!
Congrats, Jen! Just wanted to say hi! I haven't been around in a while. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well.
Big hugs!
Wow! Tons of great news! It's really been incredible and inspiring to see how you've balanced all the changes in your life this year. I'm glad you're a teacher. Can't wait to see you soon.
hooray!
Well done, Jen!
We'll be back in Atlanta for Valentine's Day.
Rots of Rove
Great news!
about Evie and the toilet, is there anything about the potty at home that might bother her? Or some experience that might have turned her off the home potty? Can you try bribes (we used Trader Joe's cat cookies)? Arabella was terrified of auto-flush toilets, so much that she would only use the potty at home, even if I reassured her it wasn't going to flush before she was ready.
Good luck in the new year!
Glad to hear things are good on so many fronts. Keep on truckin'!
Post a Comment